TJ Talks Transformers Prime

Reviewing the 2011 Transformers cartoon.
Share this article :

+ Comments + 37 Comments

November 23, 2011 at 5:13 PM

you should talk about power rangers samurai

November 23, 2011 at 5:30 PM

When are you going to do My little pony:Friendship is Magic?

November 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I'd like to see/hear your thoughts on Power Rangers Samurai to be honest.

Anonymous
November 23, 2011 at 5:38 PM

TJ! What are your thoughts on Power Rangers Samurai? As we all can see you are a fan of the old power rangers so what do you think about the new series now owned by SABAN once again? Thanks Awesome Reviews Dude

November 23, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I found the same problem. Everything Prime said was a motivational speech.

For the text TJ Talks/ Vlog I'd like an overall intro to Kamen Rider with recommendations of where to start for new viewers.

November 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM

If you TF: Animated seems a bit too soon for a TJ TV, perhaps it would be good for a TJ Talks.

November 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM

One thing that turned me off if this show was Bumblebee not talking. Even though, I'm one of the ones that actually likes the movies, I never liked the fact that Bumblebee was a mute. I think, out of all the movies, Bumblebee literally only said one sentence. Steve Blum is Starscream?! SOLD! Steve Blum is one of my favorite voice actors since even before I knew Steve was playing people I grew up with like that robot from Toonami or Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

November 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM

TF:Prime is really good, and it's definitly one of the best Transformers series out there. Problem for me is, I just can't get into it. Yeah it does have action parts, character development, and season plot but the way each episode is organized (to me) it feels like ACTION... slow... Character development... slow... ACTION... slow... Dark Energon... slow... ACTION! I'm probably one of the only people who feels this way, but because I do feel this way it really detracts from my enjoyment of the series. I'll try to rewatch it in a marathon-style now that every S1 episode is out and see if that changes how I feel, but right now, I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5.
"What do you want next?"
Do you watch Young Justice? Cause that cartoon (I feel) is one of the better ones of 2011.

November 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM

VOLTRON! >:)

November 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Beast Wars doesn't hold up. Prime is better.

We're mostly in agreement about "Prime". I would recommend seeing 'Bee and Raf as one. They aren't built to work as standalone characters. They really exist to flesh each other out. With Raf it's kind of obvious (oddball super-kid that doesn't connect).

More than that, I think 'Bee is supposed to connect to Raf as much as the audience. After all, in this show Bumblebee is kind of a kid (compared to the other Autobots) and he's one of the few who's implied to have been built into the War. There's some great stuff there for the character that hasn't been done before.

Anonymous
November 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Actually he said two sentences (-_-) Bay liked the talking through the stereo bit so much that he made them put it back. Sometimes I think Bay has problems.

November 24, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Hi TJ,
I pretty much agree with your analisys of the character, at least as far as robots are concerned.

Arcee probably got the best out of it, her character is really fleshed out and saw some evolution in the whole story. Plus she got a great kharmic villain.
Bulkhead is a little less defined, but works pretty well nonetheless. He's fun but he isn't dumb. He's still the big bulldozer from animated, but at least now he isn't the constant comic relief of the show.
Ratchet is a bit of a downer. I love the grumpy old medic characterization and I love the character design (especially the medical backpack element), but he did really little in many episodes. It suit is old and weary character, but somehow detracts from the appeal. I also love his little rivalry with Jack's mom about cybernetc vs human medicine.
Bumblebee took the short stick for sure, he has some great inputs, but failed to live up to them. Pretty much the same as Raf. As Greek Geek noticed the characters worked pretty well as ateam, but as stand alone they were boring.
Optimus... well, Optimus was really a downer here. Until the final 3 parter when they fleshed him out properly I really hated this version of the character. Between a pretty uninspired performance from Cullen and some very lame lines ("Scrapheap" was major culprit here), prime never sounded like the powerful leader he's supposed to be.

About the human I like all the three main characters for different reasons.
Lots of people complained about Miko, but I really think she was funny - granted in an annoying way. She also works great as a counterpart to Jack more balanced behaviour. The main character fault is how overused she is. Pretty much in any episode not focused on Arcee and Jack, she's the one who do thing, usually dumb thing, while the others had to bail her out of trouble.
Jack is probably my favourite because he's utterly normal. He's not a crazed fanboy, nor a pre-pubescent super-genius, he's a regular guy with normal problems and a very balanced view of life. On the other hand he showed some real guts and skills, and he visibly matured over the episodes.
Raf is a problem, it's one of the few serious attempt to create a kid genius that behave like a kid, not some kid of weird super-compressed adult (yes, I'm looking at you Valeria Richards). I still have hope for season 2 to work to create some good episodes for him.

The crowning glory of this cartoon are the Decepticons, every one of them is perfect for the role and I honestly shitted myself out when I heard Welker doing this new Megatron. It sounded more alien and threatening that the original one, but not as psychotic and deranged as the movie one.

November 25, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I hope you didn't take that personally, TJ. But my scathing hatred of that character just... just... she's MY Armada Hot Shot.

November 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM

you should talk about beavis and butthead.
heh that would be cool heh heh

November 26, 2011 at 5:57 AM

talked some-what of GI-JOE renegades
how about talking more of that

November 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Now that I've rewatched it, I definitly agree. I guess it just took a while for me to warm up to it. XDD

November 28, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I'd like to know what your opinion is on PR samarai now that saban are back in control.

December 2, 2011 at 2:54 AM

have you seen tiger and bunny?if not you can watch it here:http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/tiger-bunny-online its about superheroes that are represented by sponsors,if you have seen it, what are your thoughts on it?

December 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I like what little of this series I've seen! The animation I like a lot better than Animated! My problem with Animated was the too cartoony style for the characters!
Well, I don't know if you'll be glad or enraged like most but they're producing a 4th Transformers movie! Don't know if they're continuing the current franchise or rebooting it all depends on Bay! Me I think they can continue without him and probably repair some of the plot-holes and errors he created!

I'd like to see you review an old cartoon from my childhood that no one seems to remember and it was called Skysurfers: Strike Force! You can get most of the 1st season on DVD, but they're like those Dollar Store DVD in the thin case with what appears to be where the person recording these DVDs forgot to cut off the commercial break!

December 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I'm going to be the odd one out and ask, what's your thoughts on a series like the recently (I believe anyway) completed Digimon Xros Wars... I hate it personally but what do you think, or if you haven't seen that maybe if you've started watching it Gundam AGE? Again if you haven't seen that I'll be typical and ask your opinions on PR Samurai?

December 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Every time I think about this show, I think Miko must've been named after AbareKiller, then I think "nah, that's stupid."

December 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM

power ranger samurai!

December 20, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Transformers Beast Wars and Beast Machines..

January 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM

They confirmed that they are making a Transformers 4, but it will involve Unicron!

Anonymous
January 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Hi,
I have been searching for this information and finally found it. Thanks!

Field Failure Relay

February 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

can you do a tj tv on power rangers or a tj talk on power ranger samurai

March 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I think TF Prime is going to pull an Animated Sari with Raf, you know, cybertronian in a human body, i would explain a few things

March 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM

so i counted some of the power rangers samurai related coments, i read 7 coments, and 5 of them were samurai. i think you should totally do a talks for samurai.

May 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM

For me, Prime is hit and miss. I love some aspects of the show, like the new, scary crazy Megatron & his rivalry with Optimus (plus the return of their old voice actors), while I DESPISE other aspects of the show...Like Miko & Raph, or the fate of Cliffjumper...Bumblebee...Starscream...ARGH! XD

I mean, don't get me wrong, the new Screamer seemed awesome at first, but he quickly went from clever and competent master schemer to blithering idiot whom I can't take seriously as a threat to Megatron or Prime. I mean, if Wheeljack can be rewritten into a gungho commando & Arcee into a fem fatale, why can't Starscream be remade into a competent 2nd in command & potential threat to Megatron? In the beginning he seemed menacing, powerful, skillful...Then he quickly degenerates into the most pathetic & comical incarnation of Starscream ever, I mean, we're expected to believe this spineless loser actually managed to achieve the title of 2nd in command of the cons when everyone keeps outwitting or overpowering him? He's quickly becoming the Waspinator of Prime I fear & its a disappointment really.

P.S. I too would like to hear your thoughts on Power Rangers Samurai, or VR Troopers if ya haven't reviewed that awesome gem yet :3

May 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I think you would explode from all the swearing if you tried to do a TJ TV on Power Ranger Samurai. It's THAT bad.

May 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Do you want to talk about "Power Rangers Samurai"? I would think the better thing would be to talk about "Samurai Sentai Shinkengers" or better yet the Shinkenger/Decade crossover.

July 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Why haven't you been on the Primetime podcast for season two? It feels like you should be there because you said you like Miko and Season two has been very much Miko and Bulkhead. With Miko confronting that she's rather useless, and Bulkhead getting in some good action, and facing death every other mission. Was it just a schedualing thing or did you get kicked out?

November 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Do Beast Machines next.

March 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Actually, it came out in November 2010. The description`s wrong.

February 25, 2015 at 10:59 AM

please do the Beast Wars.

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. TJOmega.org - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger